Children may stay to school lunch or bring a packed lunch.
If your child stays for school lunch, there is a choice of meals, including a salad bar. There is always a vegetarian option and most special dietary needs due to medical or religious grounds can be catered for. The menu is displayed for the children to read as they collect their cutlery.
Further information about the school menus can be found at the following link:
In our canteen
We encourage the children to be kind and considerate, showing respect to others by:
- Insisting and modelling how children ask politely for their food
- Children speaking quietly and respectfully with their friends over their meal
- Helping children to be responsible for clearing their plates and leaving tables ready for others
- Creating an enjoyable and sociable dining experience
Packed Lunch Boxes
Lunches must be sent in a suitable and named container. Lunches should consist of:
- a sandwich
- piece of dried or fresh fruit
- biscuit or cereal bar
- fruit juice or water – water is always available in the hall
- And maybe as a treat on a Friday a packet of crisps
Children are only allowed to bring water or fruit juice. Drinking water is served to all children every lunchtime and this is available through the day.
Free School Meals
Children from Reception to Year 2 are entitled to Universal free school meals in any event. However, if you receive Income Support, then it is likely that you will be eligible for free school meals. Please see the Pupil Welfare Officer if you would like help, advice or guidance. It is important that you claim this entitlement if you qualify as it also affects the costs of school trips, visits and after school clubs. Please see the link below to apply for Free School Meals online.