Intent - We aim to…
Design and Technology is an inspiring, rigorous and practical subject. Using creativity and imagination, pupils design and make products that solve real and relevant problems, within a variety of contexts, considering their own and others’ needs, wants and values.
At Kender Primary School, children are taught to select and use appropriate tools safely and effectively to make a product. In all areas of Design and Technology, the children are encouraged to consider the effectiveness of their designs and requirements of the product. Every child will have the opportunity to learn and extend their understanding, experience and application in the use of technology, in as wide a variety of situations as possible.
Aims and Objectives
· to deliver programmes of study for Key Stages 1 and 2 of the National Curriculum in Design and Technology.
· to develop imaginative thinking in children and to enable them to talk about what they like and dislike when designing and making.
· to enable children to talk about how things work, and to draw and model their ideas.
· to encourage children to select appropriate tools and techniques for making a product, whilst following safe procedures.
· to develop an understanding of technological processes, products, and their manufacture, and their contribution to our society.
· to foster enjoyment, satisfaction and purpose in designing and making.
(See curriculum overview for implementation and impact)