We have clear expectations for behaviour at Kender Primary School and expect children and adults to follow the school rules and show the school values at all times. These expectations are the same both in the school and outside of the school.
- We show respect for others and our school
- We do our best learning, showing resilience
- We are always ready and take responsibility for our actions
Our Vision and Values
Our core values are:
Respect, Readiness and Resilience
Other values that we feel are important are:
Independence, Aspiration, Kindness, Responsibility, Courage, Confidence,
Honesty, Collaboration, Compassion.
Our strategic aims and objectives
Kender is a caring and nurturing school and we treat each child as an individual. We expect that all children will abide by the rules and excel in their learning. However, we understand that at times children will face challenges. Some children will have an inner resilience to cope with these challenges. Other children will need extra support in order to cope with the demands of the school day, their home life and social interaction.
We recognise that consistency is key to promoting positive behaviour in the school to promote the consistency we expect that staff follow these principles:
- 3 step routines that are consistent across the school eg for lining up, assembly we promote a consistent approach to behaviour.
- Recognition board to promote positive behaviour.
- Whole class reward systems
- Meet and Greet children
- Build positive relationships and show interest in the children’s lives
- Focus on effort not achievement
- Growth Mindset
- We are persistent, consistent and following through with poor behaviour always.
- We celebrate when children go above and beyond expectations
- Weekly above and beyond assemblies
For more information please refer to our Behaviour Policy.