Keeping Children Safe Online
As the lockdown continues and children inevitably have more screen time, it is really important that your children are staying safe whilst they are online. Children can always visit the Childline website if they are worried about anything. Just click the link below.
Here is an Internet safety checklist for young children from internetmatters.org
- Agree boundaries: Be clear what your child can and can’t do online – where they can use the internet, how much time they can spend online.
- Explore together: The best way to find out what your child is doing online is to ask them to tell you about what they do and what sites they like to visit.
- Put yourself in control: Install parental controls on your home broadband and any internet-enabled devices.
- Search safely: Use safe search engines such as Swiggle or Kids-search
- Check if it’s suitable: The age ratings that come with games, apps, films and social networks are a good guide to whether they’re suitable for your child. For example, the minimum age limit is 13 for several social networking sites, including Facebook and Instagram.
View and explore the full checklist by clicking here:
Below are some links for parents on how to keep your children safe online.