Welcome to Remote Learning
UPDATE ON THE SCHOOL STATUS
The department of education has decided to close schools from Friday 20th March 2020. Kender will stay open with a skeleton staff to provide support for children of key workers and to help children in need, for example children who receive free school meals and educational health care plans.
If you are able to keep your child at home, you should.
A DISCONCERTING TIME!
We appreciate that this is a concerning time and we will do our best to support and guide you and your families. We are concerned about all of your health and wellbeing and if you need support over the coming months please contact the school.
You may also find this website useful if you are having difficulty talking to your children about Covid 19.
Children may also like to watch the video below: 'The Kids' Guide to Coronavirus'.
REMOTE LEARNING GUIDANCE
We have put together learning for every year group on the website. Please see below on how to access.
Whilst at home it is important to keep to a routine. At the beginning of the day talk with your child about what they are going to do that day. The recommended time for home learning is 2 hours. It is best to split this time into chunks and ensure your child has a break.
We would also like children to create a homework project for our whole school summer project. Please see below for more details about this.
Below is a suggested timetable for your child's learning. If your child wants to spend more than 20 minutes on each activity then that is great. They could spend the morning focusing on English and Maths and then in the afternoon spend time on topic work please also see our suggestions for other activities you can do at home.
20 min reading
20 min English (See your child's year group link below)
20 min maths (See your child's year group link below)
20 min Mathletics / Literacy Planet
20 + 20 minutes optional: Science, topic, art…
Guide to using the website
- To find learning for your child - click on your child's year group link, where you will find resources to support their learning.
- There are also various links to a variety of learning websites that can be used. (see below)
- Each child will be given a home learning pack and an exercise book to record their learning in.
- Please see attached documents below for more ideas of keeping your child entertained.
- Whole School Project details
- Summer Term Year group topics
- Ideas to keep your child entertained
- How to talk to your child about Covid 19
- Free online books
- Free daily live workouts for kids at home https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6r99N3kXME
Remember to click on your child's year group to access their remote learning. This will be updated regularly.